Thursday, June 4, 2009

The days are slowly warming up


And I am slowly getting adjusted to motherhood. This was always the natural role for me, but it's always a different thing when it's your baby. Gracie is growing nicely, she's six weeks old today and on Monday she weighed in at a whopping 10lbs 2oz. She is a little on the short side, at birth she was 19in and she's only up to 21. That's ok though, although now she's too big for newborn size and swimming in 0-3 months.

Right now, we're in a comfortable groove of getting up, sometimes taking Dad to work or staying at home and chilling at many different locations.

I'm trying to remember that while she's my first priority right now I can't forget about me or Chris. Right now, I've got the theater to keep my mind busy (plenty of drama and work to be done) and Chris makes sure that if I'm getting sleep deprived that I can get a few hours in a row. The only thing that I really need to focus on is me and Chris. It's hard to even get time to talk to each other since we're usually either doing something (usually with my family) or are just too tired to do anything besides watch tv. Hopefully we'll start planning some date nights soon, whether they include Grace or not!

I think someone is going to be wanting to eat soon, although her uncle Lukie is kindly playing and singing with her right now! And on that subject, good news! We are slowly weaning off the nipple shields for nursing. Gracie can be much faster and more efficient with the shield, but she is able to nurse without it, which pleases me to no end. Hopefully soon she won't need it ever again!

Here's to hoping this 70 degree day is the coolest for a while! We need a chance to wear our sleeveless outfits!

No comments: