Saturday, June 6, 2009

Me and my baby


Trying to get into the "mom groove" is proving to be difficult. Back in my carefree bachellorette days or even my simple newlywed days I tended to be, well, lazy. I much prefer reading a historical novel while sipping coke and eating chips to cleaning and cooking. Now I feel like I need to truly be Super Mom (much like my own mother). Trouble is, I have a clingy baby! We're listening to Cake now and I have found the perfect song to describe her desire to be close to me.

Stickshifts and safetybelts,
Bucket seats have all got to go.
When we're driving in the car,
It makes my baby seem so far.
I need you here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.
I need you to be here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.
But when we're driving in my Malibu,
It's easy to get right next to you.
I say, "Baby, scoot over, please."
And then she's right there next to me.
I need you here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.
I need you to be here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.

Well a lot of good cars are Japanese.
But when we're driving far,
I need my baby,
I need my baby next to me.

Well, stickshifts and safetybelts,
Bucket seats have all got to go.
When we're driving in the car,
It makes my baby seem so far.
I need you here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.
I need you to be here with me,
Not way over in a bucket seat.


You see, someone sincerly does not like to just sit in her bouncer or her swing. No, Mommy over on the other side of the room singing to her is not close enough. It's a very good thing Mommy has a sling and a snugli, cause otherwise this poor poor child would be all alone.

Oh but wait! No, sitting on Mommy's lap while she goes on the computer isn't sufficent for this girl! She needs Mommy's full attention and prefers to dance about the room singing.

Oh well, she is super cute. And maybe dancing about with my baby is more important than a clean house. Yes, I think it is!

2 comments:

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

You have got that completely right! Enjoy every moment with her. You are a great mom!

Laura said...

Beeyootiful baby.